11 November 2009

scenes from the bikey lane: tuesday og day.

my afternoon ride takes me through a less than favorable part of town, but only for 2 blocks. this is the time people seem to want to talk to me.

1. a crazed looking tall thin meth head on the sidewalk throwing a football up in the air. it landed in the middle of the yellow lines and i slowed down thinking it would hit me on the head. it didn't, but i was not about to take chances that this guy was going to stop doing this anytime soon. i bolted out of there quickly.

2. two DRUNK OG cholos. (they must like that area, ey.) one says, "nice bike, ey. i liked the way you decorated it. don't sell it, ok?" i smile and say, "thanks," and scoot forward. the truck next to me suddenly decides he wants to take a right and nearly (yet very slowly) right hooks me. the other cholo says, "watch out for cars, senorita."

and that's about all i have to say about that. :)

3 comments:

m e l i g r o s a said...

on the 12th day of xmas a cholo came to me

tsss ts tsss

the calitexican said...

ooh, this means i have 9 more OGs to meet!

Adrienne Johnson said...

Yes but what did he give you? In my Mission days it woulda been Mikey's Big Mouth and that just does not fit into the song.