02 July 2009

my cards are on the table

says the calitexican.

sometimes you meet people and you really click. and people around you know that you click. this phenomenon is universally known as "chemistry." this has happened in my life a few times, both romantic and non romantic. when you are in the room with this person, everyone knows that it's just you and that person and you guys are blahblahblaaaaaahing all over the place.

and in that vein, i'm going to dedicate amy winehouse's love is a losing game to this sentiment. take from it what you will, but, as i mentioned above, i think it can relate to all sorts of relationships, not just romantic in nature.


For you I was a flame

Love is a losing game
Five story fire as you came
Love is a losing game

One I wish I never played
Oh what a mess we made
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game

Played out by the band
Love is a losing hand
More than I could stand
Love is a losing hand

Self professed, profound
Till the chips were down
Know you're a gambling man
Love is a losing hand

Though I'm rather blind
Love is a fate resigned
Memories mar my mind
Love is a fate resigned

Over futile odds
And laughed at by the gods
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game


contained in this post: one of the top 10 lines of a stanza ever: memories mar my mind. i, the calitexican, absolutely adore alliteration. oh yes i do.

----------------
Now playing: Amy Winehouse - Love Is A Losing Game
via FoxyTunes

No comments: