when the calitexican first decided to return to the blogging world, she thought she would be writing more about crafty things. then when the creative vision she took became a more internalized process, she didn't really have much to show for it except talk about the movies and stories that inspired her. but conceptualizing a short video is not really a process one can share when one is making it by herself. there are no behind-the-scenes, no other person to collaborate with and share the trials and tribulations of movie making, etc. so i suppose the calitexican used me to bring to you, her faithful readers, some sort of amusement and entertainment while she continued to internalize her creative process and make handwritten notes that she doesn't care to transcribe.
then this weekend, she helped out on a project that now is complete, and it is easy to show. she and her boo redecorated her bathroom. her bathroom before, well, i have used it on a few occasions... let's just say it was less than remarkable. i don't want her never to invite me over again (sorry dawg, but you know it's true!!), so i need to be nice.
so, with that project, and along with the help of elle, she has become inspired again to make something more short term. the calitexican used to be quite the crafty person. so much so, she would be at her day job and her coworker noticed that her hands were always moving, like there was a project they knew that needed completion. and, now that i know her pretty well, i would say she is never quite still for very long, even if she is just kind of sitting around, her hands and mind are both always running at varying levels of intensity.
the project consisted of cleaning, painting and hanging things. the place looks rather girly now, and that's good because the calitexican lives with a calimexicana. now they both feel at home in their most private of espaces.
here's one picture for your viewing pleasure. i apologize for the poor quality of the picture, but i'm not quite sure how to rotate a pic using html or else you know there would be a better quality one up. perhaps it will be something i tinker around with and return to this post. but you get the idea...very "chick" like.
so the bathroom project was the impetus for a new time for inspiration. then elle, an INFJ, decided to share with the CT a jungian personality test (which is, according to the description of an INFJ, something she likes to do). the CT took this test about 3.5 years ago, but then forgot about it, and swept it under the rug. the CT thinks she was probably the same result back then as she was last night: ISFP. this type is a composer artist. and indeed, it closely matches many major aspects of the CT's personality (from what i can tell from recently getting to know her better). some choice ones she let me share with you are the following:
1. ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses.
2. ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.
3. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.
4. ISFPs have no desire to lead or control others, just as they have no desire to be led or controlled by others. They need space and time alone to evaluate the circumstances of their life against their value system, and are likely to respect other people's needs for the same.
5. They are concrete in speech and utilitarian in getting what they want.
6. Of course, composing must not be thought of as only writing music, but as bringing into harmonious form any aspect of the world of the five senses, and so when an especially gifted painter, sculptor, choreographer, film maker, songwriter, chef, decorator, or fashion designer shows up, he or she is likely to be an Composer. (emphasis added)
interesting, isn't it? bodes well for the things i believe she wishes to bring into the world.
elle, also an expert blog searcher, showed her two sites, both of which are now permanently linked to the left. one is of a clothes designer, the other of an working artist. the former blog inspired the CT to get back into sewing since she does have a sewing machine. the latter blog inspired her in many ways, but mainly artistically (visual and written).
thus the CT determined she's no longer content to work on mainly one project, but have a few going around at once. she's convinced it will help bring her happiness and make her as sane as she can possibly be. she's beginning to feel life again, beginning to see in colors, beginning to add more to her personal palate than black clothes, red lips and bud select on her tongue.
to start, she put new life into some planters that had been long neglected, but no longer. soon her nose will begin to work again, starting with the smells of lavender and rosemary early in the morning.